Well... I figured I better post something because it has been so long since my last post. I have no fun pictures at this time, so all you get is my verbal garble. So, you ask what's new?
Hmmm...
Let's develop this story in chronological order:
1. I took the bar exam in Florida on July 29th and 30th; two days (8 hours each) of absolute torture. But, all in all, I survived.
2. Two weeks post-bar exam, I moved to Reno, Nevada (actually Sparks). We are currently renting a home, it's not the best, but the area is really nice... nestled in the foothills and about 15-20 minutes away from work.
3. On our trek back across the country, we made several exciting stops along the way: Savannah, Georgia; Charleston, SC; Spartanburg, SC (got to visit with old friends, James and Elena!); Nashville, TN; St. Louis, MO; Lincoln, NE; Cheyenne, WY; and best for last- SLC, UT [to visit Jess and her family- we love you guys! Now, we are just waiting for them to give us a return visit ;)]
4. I started my new job as a federal law clerk on August 28th. I work in downtown Reno at the federal courthouse. It is awesome!
5. I have been to San Francisco twice in the past 2 months- once for law clerk orientation in September, and again in October for actual work (hearings for oral argument on our cases). Again, what an awesome experience. I cannot begin to describe how lucky I am to be a part of this process. It is hard work, but well worth it.
6. Went to Carmel for my brother's wedding. Joel and Raechel got married at the end of September. It was a fun time! Congrats you guys! Love ya!
7. I PASSED THE FLORIDA BAR EXAM!!!!! SMOKED IT :) So, I am now officially a lawyer.
8. I am now beginning a new set of cases for our next "calendar." We will be heading to Pasadena in December and then to HAWAII IN FEBRUARY!!! WOO HOO!!! As you can see, I am pretty excited about that. It's rare that the judges get to go to Hawaii, they have some rotation where they only sit there once every 5 years, and I happen to be the lucky 5th year.
9. One of my best friends, Eliza, had a baby boy a few days ago-- October 29th. Super excited about that, but sad that I couldn't be there for the birth. Going to visit this weekend to meet the new little "Jaden Joseph Clark." CONGRATULATIONS ELIZA AND T.J.!
10. Happy Halloween (one day early)! I am sure there is more I am missing, but for now, that will do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow, jaime! I'm glad you finally updated! :) We are so excited to come and visit you. Your job sounds really interesting and I had no idea you'd get to travel to fun places with it! That rocks! See you in a week!
Post a Comment