Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pro Bono

So... I am counting down the months until I graduate! Yes, less than 4 months to go... hooray! However, do not celebrate too quickly. I have a small hurdle to overcome-- no, it's not classes, I should be good there. The hurdle facing me is my Pro Bono requirement-- in the legal world, that's work for free-- sort of community service, but it does not have to be law related. The Barry Law School Pro Bono requirement is basically community service, and 40 hours of it is required for graduation. By the deadline, which has already passed (I had to seek an extension), I had a mere 4 hours completed. So, my extended deadline is March 1. As a result, I have been hustling these last few weekends-- spending my spare time "helping the community." Most of my work has been done helping a no-kill animal shelter-- I help walk the dogs and stuff, so that isn't bad. One day, I did 3 hours of yard work-- learned to mulch, did a lot of shoveling, pruning, weed pulling-- fun stuff. Anyhow, as of today, I have only 13 hours remaining...whew! Maybe I actually will get it done.

No comments: